Admissions for the Meditation Teacher Academy are rolling, so you can apply to get started with the training at any time.
To apply you must submit:
- The Student Application & Health Information Form. Download the application here (right click link to download) and follow the instruction on the form.
- A 200–500 word essay on why you would like to become a meditation and mindfulness teacher.
- Two personal recommendations from those who support you and your commitment to be a meditation and mindfulness teacher. Download the recommendation form here (right click link to download).
- A $35 non-refundable application fee. Payment may be made by check to MMI, or pay by phone by credit card (Visa or MC), call 928-204-0067, or pay via PayPal with this link: paypal.me/mmisedona
- It’s also important that you read the Course Catalog (download a printable course catalog here).
Program Tuition & Enrollment
Once your complete application is received, you will you will receive instructions for scheduling a telephone interview with the Director of the Program, Sarah McLean.
After the interview, qualified applicants are invited to enroll in the program and will receive an Enrollment Agreement that they review, sign, and submit along with the tuition payment and course material fee.
Tuition for the Meditation Teacher Academy is $3295 plus a $150 course material fee. The tuition includes the Meditation Foundation Course and the Teacher Training Intensive programming.
To find out what else you will receive here, click here. Transportation, accommodations, and meals are not included.
Once you are enrolled, you will receive the Meditation Foundation Course study materials which include nine books, a CD, and a 120+ page study guide. You will also receive instructions for accessing the private online training sites and teleseminars. A Course Advisor will be assigned to you who will meet with you regularly to mentor you through the program and your meditation practice. Contact is usually made via phone or Skype.
After you successfully complete the Meditation Foundation Course, you’ll be ready to attend the Teacher Training Intensive, a required meditation retreat and teaching practicum. Completion of both of these components are required in order to receive your Meditation & Mindfulness Teacher Certificate. The cost of the Intensive is included in your tuition.