May 5 – 7, 2017
Castlemartyr Resort, County Cork, Ireland
Give yourself a break – reconnect with your spirit, awaken to your full potential, and enhance your wellbeing as you go on an inner journey at the Ayurveda & the Power of Attention Retreat.
Explore and embrace these essentials during the weekend retreat: meditation, mindfulness, and mind body wisdom. It’s a one-of-a-kind meditation vacation with Hay House author and meditation mentor, Sarah McLean, and Chopra Center Ayurveda Educator and meditation teacher, Suzi von Mensenkampff.
Imagine a weekend away and immersing yourself in powerful meditation practices and gain insight, rejuvenation, and inspiration. While discovering the keys to creating optimal well-being from the ancient art of Ayurveda.
Ayurveda translates as “the wisdom of life,” and offers a guidance for attaining happiness and vitality. Its perspective is that human beings are more than physical thinking machines; they are fields of intelligence in dynamic exchange with the environment. There is a constant flow of energy and information between us and nature. Health is more than the absence of disease – it’s a dynamic state of physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
You’ll discover your dosha (your mind/body constitution) and find the keys to creating balance by integrating this ancient healing wisdom into your life. Learn to:
- Create a harmonizing daily routine to create more natural rhythm in your life;
- Use food as medicine and learn the secrets of the six tastes;
- Enliven our inner pharmacy through balancing the five senses; sight, sound, taste, smell and touch.
According to ancient wisdom, your awareness is primary, and is the access point to making meaningful transformation in your life. And the best way to access and become more tuned in to your awareness is through the practices of meditation and mindfulness.
During this weekend, you’ll experience deep meditation practices and discover the power of your attention. Get reconnected with your body and mind so you can make more nourishing lifestyle choices and tap into your own inner wisdom. You’ll experience:
- An introduction to various meditation practices and learning to be mindful in everyday life;
- Understanding the effects of stress: how it accumulates and the best ways to release it;
- Becoming intimate with the way your mind works and learning to be in charge of your attention.
Beginners aren’t just welcome, they’re embraced at this retreat. You don’t need any prior experience with mind/body health or meditation. Whether this is your first retreat, or you’re a retreat junkie, it’s guaranteed that you’ll leave transformed and inspired.
About the Presenters:
Sarah McLean is an American meditation teacher and best-selling author who will offer insights based on her latest book; The Power of Attention: Awaken to Love and its Unlimited Potential with Meditation (Hay House).
Suzi von Mensenkampff is a Chopra Center certified meditation teacher, meditation mentor for the Meditation Teacher Academy, and an ayurvedic educator who will make the power of the ancient, natural Indian health system accessible to you.
- Early Registration Fee: €250 / $265 USD (pay in full by March 31)
- Regular Registration Fee: €295 / $315 USD
- Pay by Pay Pal use this link: www.paypal.me/mmisedona
- Please note there are a limited number of places available so early booking is essential.
To find out more:
- In Europe, contact Suzi von Mensenkampff, European Program Manager, MMI & Meditation Teacher Academy, Co. Cork, Ireland.
- E: email@example.com M: 085 7214170
- In the USA, contact the McLean Meditation Institute in Sedona, Arizona.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: (928) 204-0067
Accommodations and transportation are not included, however, special room rates are offered at the Castlemartyr Resort on a limited basis.
The rate is €195 (approximately $215) and includes breakfast. Make your arrangements by phoning +353 21 421 9000 or visit their website: www.castlemartyrresort.ie
Alternative self-catering accommodations are also available at the lodge houses adjacent to the property. For more information call +353 21 421 9000 or visit the website: www.castlemartyrresort.ie.
If you should have to cancel unexpectedly, please inform MMI in writing by fax or email as soon as possible. Injury or illness does not automatically disqualify you from the cancellation policy. See the details*. Considerations are given for family or personal emergencies and are discussed on a one-to-one basis.
*Details regarding the cancellation policy:
The following scale of charges apply if you cancel the retreat:
- When you cancel your reservation with at least 45 days prior to the start of the program, a cancellation fee of $50 is incurred, and you will be refunded the remainder of your retreat fee.
- If you cancel with 44 days or less prior to the start of the program, 100% of the total retreat fee is non-refundable. You can transfer your place at the retreat to someone for a change fee of $50. You are responsible for facilitating this, though MMI will do it’s best to help fill your spot.
- If you fail to show up, your retreat fee will be entirely forfeited.
- UNUSED SERVICES: No refunds will be made for any unused services, such as if you have to arrive late or leave the program early.