A report by the National Business Group on Health (NBGH) found that in 2016, 22% of all companies had mindfulness training programs already in place, and another 21% planned to add a mindfulness training component in 2017. However, these numbers significantly increased in 2017. It is reported that 35% of all companies have a mindfulness training program already, with 26% considering it. These companies are interested in increasing productivity, effectiveness, and well-being within an organization.
With this increased surge of interest in mindfulness in the workplace, there are many opportunities for certified experts to facilitate mindfulness training programs. If you have already been certified as a mindfulness and/or meditation instructor, this Mindfulness@Work Facilitator Certification Training is designed to help you to leverage your expertise as a mindfulness trainer in a business environment and create more workplace wellness, satisfaction, and happiness.
Open to experienced meditation and mindfulness teachers with certification from the McLean Meditation Institute’s Meditation Teacher Academy or Chopra Center’s Meditation Teacher Training, the advanced Mindfulness@Work Certification Training helps meditation teachers bring tools to the workplace to increase well-being, compassion, and creativity.
In the Mindfulness@Work Teacher Certification Training, you will receive:
- The optimal approach, curriculum, and structure for a corporate mindfulness training program
- Professional presentation tools, speaker training, and secrets for presenting mindfulness to business leaders
- A flexible curriculum with which to share mindfulness practices specifically designed for the worker and the workplace
- Insight into the latest business cases and how to communicate the impact of mindfulness on bottom line profitability
- The keys to creating a successful marketing plan for your business so you can clearly assess the marketplace and position your services
- A solid plan to develop your business as a trainer, and insights into creating a sales pipeline
The benefits of advanced certification in the in Mindfulness@Work program include:
- Joining the growing movement of professionals who teach mindfulness into the workplace
- Receiving up-to-date mindfulness at work research stats, news, and case studies
- Professional recognition and certification as an expert in Mindfulness@Work Training
- Access to six months of coaching calls with Mindfulness@Work experts, including support to help you once you find opportunities to bring meditation into the workplace.
- Expert advice as to what to charge, how to negotiate, and writing a contract
- Opportunities to partner with leading experts on large scale projects
The format of the Mindfulness@Work Teacher Certification includes a distance learning module followed by a two-day intensive and post-certification support.
The M@W Distance Learning component requires a 36 hours of study and includes:
- An online study guide & reading list
- An 8-week Mindfulness@Work training curriculum
- Live training webinars with workplace wellness experts
- Online community to engage with for study sessions and support
The two-day M@W Intensive is a 12-hour residential training held in Sedona, Arizona which includes:
- Review of the 8-lesson program modules
- Delivery of digital assets including PowerPoint, brochures, etc.
- Review of course manual
- Current market research & business development
- Creating a powerful sales pitch
- Enhancing public speaking abilities and keys to facilitating a powerful training
- The first (pilot) Mindfulness@Work program Intensive is January 23 & 24 2018 (the Tuesday and Wednesday after the Meditation Teacher Symposium.)
To be eligible to attend, your registration must be made by October 1, 2017, and the Distance Learning component must be completed by January 22nd, 2018.
- The following Intensive is offered September 15 & 16, 2018 in Sedona, Arizona.
To be eligible to attend, your registration must be made by July 1, 2018, and the Distance Learning component must be completed by September 12, 2018.
This training opportunity is open to those who have completed a professional meditation teacher training program of over 200 hours. Current recognized programs include:
- Chopra Center for Well Being (CCWB) Primordial Sound Meditation (PSM) Teacher Certification,
- Center For Mindfulness (CFM) Certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Certification,
- McLean Meditation Institute (MMI) Meditation Teacher Academy
- $1,999. The early adopter discount is $1,599 when paid by September 1, 2017. (Training materials will be delivered in October.)
- After February 1, 2018, tuition is increased to $2999.
- The tuition includes your application fee, the study guide and on-site training. It does not include assigned books, and your accommodations, meals, and travel.
- The class size is limited to 12 teacher
Call MMI now at (928) 204-0067 and pre-register today. Read the cancellation policy here.
Dr. Laurel Geise, MBA, D.Min, combines 30 years as a leader in Fortune 500 companies, including C-level positions, with 20 years as an expert meditation instructor. Laurel was certified to teach meditation by Dr. Deepak Chopra in 1996 and has introduced thousands of people to the benefits of mindfulness and meditation. Specializing in global program development and deployment, she is uniquely qualified to consult with organizations to implement Mindfulness at Work Programs. As Founder and CEO of The Geise Group, her clients include a diverse range of organizations from Fortune 50 to Inc 5000, high tech to investment firms. In addition, Dr. Geise is a Master Trainer at Speaking Empire, an internationally recognized training company providing elite training to the best speakers in the world. She is an author, a radio show host on VividLife, and a professional speaker.
Stacy Thrash, owner and founder of PeaceBox: Mindfulness on the Move is a former corporate sales manager, certified meditation teacher, and a Co-Active (CTI) Professional Executive & Life Coach. She understands first-hand the stressful triggers inherent in modern day work environments and how Mindfulness training can reduce stress. After 30 years in corporate sales management at two of the largest global education companies, Stacy became certified to teach meditation and mindfulness in 2014 at the McLean Meditation Institute’s Meditation Teacher Academy in Sedona, Arizona. Since then, Stacy has taught mindfulness and meditation to a variety of clients, including Whole Foods Market, Mellanox Technologies, Mecca Gym , and Lake Austin Spa, in addition to serving private individuals. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Texas A&M.
Paige Davis is an entrepreneur, writer, cancer survivor, mindfulness facilitator, and meditation teacher. She is founder of Soul Sparks, where she leads and facilitates meditation and mindfulness programming for companies, teams, and individuals seeking more patience, productivity, and positivity. Paige is also co-founder of social impact brand, BlueAvocado. The company’s thoughtful designs and creative solutions invite people to live a greener, simpler, and more mindful life. Paige is also a contributing writer for The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen.’
- Sarah McLean, Director of the Meditation Teacher Academy
- Carol Studenka, MA, CMMI, Curriculum Specialist