A report by the U.S. National Business Group on Health (NBGH) found that in 2016, 22% of all companies had mindfulness training programs already in place, and another 21% planned to add a mindfulness training component in 2017. However, these numbers significantly increased in 2017. It is reported that 35% of all companies have a mindfulness training program already, with 26% considering it. These companies are interested in increasing productivity, effectiveness, and well-being within an organization.
With interest in mindfulness in the workplace on the rise, opportunities for professional trainers and experts in the field of meditation and mindfulness are rapidly increasing.
This advanced program will teach you the latest findings and the tools you need to help your clients increase productivity, wellness, satisfaction, and innovation in the workplace. It will help you to leverage your experience and expertise while honing your presentation skills.
If you’re already certified as a mindfulness and/or meditation instructor by a recognized professional training program, you’re invited to apply to the MMI Mindfulness@Work Facilitator Certification Program. Get the additional training you need so you can feel more confident bringing mindfulness into a corporate environment.
In the MMI Mindfulness@Work Facilitator Certification Program, you receive the knowledge, support, education, and:
- Insight into the latest business cases and how to communicate the impact of mindfulness on bottom line profitability
- A flexible curriculum with which to share mindfulness practices specifically designed for the worker and the workplace
- The optimal approach, curriculum, content, and ways to structure a corporate mindfulness training program
- The keys to creating a successful marketing plan for your business so you can clearly assess the marketplace and position your services
- A solid plan to develop your business as a trainer, and insights into creating a sales pipeline
- Professional presentation tools, including sales and speaker training, and PowerPoint presentations to help you successfully present the case for mindfulness to business leaders
The benefits of advanced certification include:
- Joining the growing movement of professionals who are teaching mindfulness into the workplace
- Professional recognition and certification as an expert in Mindfulness@Work
- Receiving up-to-date mindfulness at work research stats, news, and case studies
- Access to six months of coaching calls with Mindfulness@Work experts, including coaching once you find opportunities to bring meditation in to the workplace
- Expert advice as to what to charge, how to negotiate, and how to write a contract
- Opportunities to partner with leading experts on large-scale training projects
The format of the MMI Mindfulness@Work Facilitator Certification Program includes a distance learning module followed by a 3-day intensive and virtual post-certification support.
The MMI M@W Distance Learning component requires 36-hours of self-directed study and includes:
- An online study guide & reading list with 7 lessons
- A 6-module MMI Mindfulness@Work training curriculum
- 4 live training webinars with workplace wellness experts
- An online community to engage with for study sessions and support
The 3-day M@W Intensive is a 14-hour residential training held in Sedona, Arizona which includes:
- Current market research and business development information
- How to create a powerful sales pitch
- Enhancing your public speaking abilities
- A review of the six-lesson program modules
- Delivery of digital assets including PowerPoint, brochures, logos, sales tools, etc.
- Keys to facilitating a powerful training
- 3 post-intensive coaching calls
Find out more about the program. Listen to an informational call with the head program facilitator, Laurel Geise here.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES:
The next training begins in July 2018, with the intensive offered September 14, 15 & 16, 2018 in Sedona, Arizona. Specific location to be announced.
- Registration for the training must be made by June 15, 2018.
- Distance Learning Course curriculum is distributed on March 1, 2018 via email.
- Introductory 1-hour call, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 5:00 pm PT, 8:00 pm ET.
- 3 Pre-Intensive 90-minute Teaching Conference Calls:
- Wednesday, June 20, 5:00 pm PT, 8:00 pm ET
- Wednesday, July 11, 5:00 pm PT, 8:00 pm ET
- Wednesday, August 22, 5:00 pm PT, 8:00 pm ET
Distance Learning assignments must be completed by September 12, 2018 in order to attend the Intensive:
- Friday, September 14, 4:00–6:00 pm
- Saturday, September 15, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Sunday, September 16, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- 3 post-intensive coaching call schedule to be announced.
This training opportunity is open to those who have completed a recognized professional meditation teacher training program of over 200 hours. Currently, recognized programs include:
- Chopra Center for Well Being (CCWB) Primordial Sound Meditation (PSM) Teacher Certification,
- Center For Mindfulness (CFM) Certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Certification,
- McLean Meditation Institute (MMI) Meditation Teacher Academy.
- Call to find out if your program is recognized.
- After February 15, 2018, tuition is increased to $2999
- The tuition includes your application fee, the online study guide, and the on-site training. It does not include assigned books, or your accommodations, meals, and travel.
- The class size is limited to 20 teachers.
Call MMI now at (928) 204-0067 and register today. Read the cancellation policy here.
Dr. Laurel Geise, MBA, D.Min, combines 30 years as a leader in Fortune 500 companies, including C-level positions, with 20 years as an expert meditation instructor. Laurel was certified to teach meditation by Dr. Deepak Chopra in 1996 and has introduced thousands of people to the benefits of mindfulness and meditation. Specializing in global program development and deployment, she is uniquely qualified to consult with organizations to implement Mindfulness at Work Programs. As Founder and CEO of The Geise Group, her clients include a diverse range of organizations from Fortune 50 to Inc 5000, high tech to investment firms. In addition, Dr. Geise is a Master Trainer at Speaking Empire, an internationally recognized training company providing elite training to the best speakers in the world. She is an author, a radio show host on VividLife, and a professional speaker.
Stacy Thrash, owner and founder of PeaceBox: Mindfulness on the Move is a former corporate sales manager, certified meditation teacher, and a Co-Active (CTI) Professional Executive & Life Coach. She understands first-hand the stressful triggers inherent in modern day work environments and how Mindfulness training can reduce stress. After 30 years in corporate sales management at two of the largest global education companies, Stacy became certified to teach meditation and mindfulness in 2014 at the McLean Meditation Institute’s Meditation Teacher Academy in Sedona, Arizona. Since then, Stacy has taught mindfulness and meditation to a variety of clients, including Whole Foods Market, Mellanox Technologies, Mecca Gym, and Lake Austin Spa, in addition to serving private individuals. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Texas A&M.
Paige Davis is an entrepreneur, writer, cancer survivor, mindfulness facilitator, and meditation teacher. She is the founder of Soul Sparks, where she leads and facilitates meditation and mindfulness programming for companies, teams, and individuals seeking more patience, productivity, and positivity. Paige is also co-founder of social impact brand, BlueAvocado. The company’s thoughtful designs and creative solutions invite people to live a greener, simpler, and more mindful life. Paige is also a contributing writer for The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen.’
- Sarah McLean, Curriculum Developer, Director of the Meditation Teacher Academy
- Carol Studenka, MA, CMMI, Curriculum Assistant