The Meditation Teacher Academy’s training program is delivered in two components: a self-paced, distance learning module—the Meditation Foundation Course—followed by an 8-day, in-person Teacher Training Intensive. In total, it consists of 200 hours of training in the theory, science, teaching, and practice of meditation and mindfulness.
The Meditation Foundation Course
In the curriculum for the 150-hour, self-paced Meditation Foundation Course consists of readings, exercises, multimedia resources, and meditation and mindfulness practices.
Here’s a sample of the topics that will be covered in the Meditation Foundation Course:
- The history and modern day applications of meditation and mindfulness
- What “meditation” is, and the myths and misconceptions of meditation
- Various types of mindfulness and meditation practices and their applications – what they are, when to use them, and why
- When, where, why and how to meditate
- The scientifically-proven physiological and psychological benefits of a regular meditation practice
- Neuroplasticity, meditation, and the brain
- How meditation trains your attention
- The mind/body connection and creating overall well-being
- Stress and its effects on the mind and body
- How to shift the stress response from “fight or flight” to “rest and digest”
- Experiences in meditation, including three ways stress is released in meditation
- Transcendental experiences in meditation
- The spiritual side of meditation: mystic and wisdom traditions, awakened states of awareness, and self-discovery
- How to create a sustainable personal practice and nourishing daily routine
- Mindful communication practices
- Setting up a personal retreat
- Peacefinder Practices™ and so much more!
The Teacher Training Intensive
After you complete the Meditation Foundation Course you’ll be ready for the Teacher Training Intensive, an 8-day immersion held in a retreat setting in the red rocks of Sedona, Arizona and also offered in County Cork, Ireland.
The Intensive is a deeply transformative 50 hour, 8-day retreat where you gain more knowledge, are immersed in meditations, experience gentle yoga, and practice teaching meditation. You can attend one of these upcoming Intensives in Sedona & Cork, Ireland. You choose which fits your schedule best.
- March 2-10, 2018 in Sedona, Arizona
- July 27-August 4, 2018 in Sedona, Arizona
- October 12-21, 2018 in Co. Cork, Ireland
- November 30-December 8, 2018 in Sedona, Arizona
- April 6-13, 2019 in Co. Cork, Ireland
- July 12-20, 2019 in Sedona, Arizona
- December 6-14, 2019 in Sedona, Arizona
- More to come in 2020
Questions? Contact an admissions counselor: 928-204-0067
During the Teacher Training Intensive you’ll be individually coached by experienced meditation and mindfulness teachers (to learn more about the MTA Faculty, click here). You learn foolproof ways to teach anyone how to meditate, and you practice teaching what you learned in the Meditation Foundation Course.
You’ll receive a high degree of specialized training in the experience, knowledge, skills, and presence necessary to teach various meditation practices, including these techniques and more:
- Body/Breath Awareness Techniques
- Heart-Centered Breath, Visualization
- Self-Inquiry Practice
- Silent Mantra Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Peacefinder Practices
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Gratitude Meditation
- Mindful Eating Meditation
- Mindful Walking Meditation
You’ll also be certified to teach the Simple, Easy, Every Day Meditation program. S for simple, E for easy, E for every, and D for day, SEED Meditation®. It’s a powerful daily practice suitable for anyone which includes many of the practices above.
You not only learn a foolproof method to teach meditation and mindfulness, you’ll also learn how to get up and effectively share what you know with an audience. You’ll be coached by powerful speaking professionals who will help you enhance your presentation and teaching skills, no matter what level of experience you might have. This coaching aspect of the Intensive is what distinguishes the Meditation Teacher Academy from all other meditation teacher certification programs out there.
Once you complete the program, you’ll be ready to confidently offer effective and powerful meditation instruction to your clients, friends, and community so they, too, can enhance their mental, physical, and emotional well-being. You can:
- Offer meditation and mindfulness classes
- Lead group meditations and introductory lectures
- Facilitate discussions and book study groups
- Organize and run retreats
- Bring meditation into the workplace with a workplace wellness program
- Teach kids and bring meditation into the classroom
- Teach special populations (including veterans, corporate, and 12-step)
Discover what you need to succeed in the business of meditation—including how to share meditation and mindfulness with various populations in a variety of settings, enrollment procedures, and student/client follow-up communications, what to charge, marketing strategies and media relations.
- Find out what else you’ll receive click here.
Once You Graduate….
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a certificate of completion and will have everything you need to teach anyone who wants to learn how to practice mindfulness and meditation.
Students will come to you looking for more inner peace, creativity, inspiration, harmony in relationships, fulfillment, better health, self-awareness, or to enhance his or her spiritual practice. And you’ll be prepared to say “yes” when you are asked to teach—whether you’re invited to present during a lunch-and-learn at a corporate headquarters or in a classroom full of kids who want an experience of mindfulness.
If you choose, you can be listed on our Find a Meditation Teacher page.
Questions? Contact an admissions counselor: 928-204-0067