Many people come to Sedona for mind/body renewal and rejuvenation. It’s one of the most beautiful and spiritual places on earth. And some of the best things about Sedona are free! Take yourself on a hike. Visit the sacred Buddhist Stupa. Sit by Oak Creek. Or simply gaze at the stars in our “Dark Sky” community.
Make learning to meditate a priority on your trip. It’s much more than a souvenir—it’s a practice that can change your life. Visit the McLean Meditation Institute in the heart of Sedona. Explore our website to learn about our Meditation Classes, Teacher Training, Retreats, and other events.
If you are in Sedona and would like to be included on this list, email email@example.com.
- McLean Meditation Institute
- Sunday 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Introduction to Mindfulness & Meditation for any level. $5.
- Sunday – Friday 9:00-9:45 am & Monday -Thursday 5:30-6:15 pm: Silent meditation for experienced meditators. No charge.
- Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm: Meditation Salon for Deepening Your Practice. $10
- Hike Sedona
- Visit the Hike House on Hwy 179 to find the best hikes and hiking gear.
- Sign up for a guided hike at Red Rock State Park.
- Check out the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park, a sacred monument to peace.
- Schedule a spiritual tour with one of these guides:
- Crossing World Journeys with Sandra Cosentino
- Sacred Sedona Land Journeys with Peter Sterling
- Canyon Spirit Botanical Adventures with Feather Jones
- Sedona Vortex Tours and Shamanic Journeys with Maya Starhawk
- Wine Tours of Sedona with Jim Reich: Explore local wines, micro-brews, or raw chocolate
- Float down Oak Creek and the Verde River in a kayak or a tube with Sedona Adventure Tours.
- See the red rocks from above with Red Rock Balloons.
- Discover Sedona’s night sky with Sedona Star Gazing.
- Ride your bike with the Verde Valley Cyclist Coalition.
Most people visiting Sedona from afar fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor. The drive from Phoenix is about two hours. Rent a car, or use one of the shuttle services listed below. If you are driving to Sedona on Saturdayor Sunday, you could run into traffic, especially on holiday weekends. When you arrive, be aware that there is no public transportation to Sedona. There are a few taxi services and tour trolleys.
Many people come here for body work and energy healing, there are some great people in town. Here’s who we recommend:
- Authentic Ayurveda: Get the luxurious Abhyanga and
Shirodhara body treatments with Avani!
- Arizona Massage Center: Candace Beringer has so much experience in massage and is an amazing healer. She’ll come to you, too!
- Stillpoint Massage & Aromatherapy: Experience Joy or Cynthia’s massage, voted the best in Sedona!
- Heavenly Massage & Acupressure Treatments with Uschi: Empathic touch and astrology reading with each session
- Hot Stone Massage with Jean Neasley, nourishing and delicious
- Excellent facials by Patricia Wheat at About Face.
- ShamangelicHealing with Anahata
- Piano Healing Sessions with award-winning Steinway Artist Louis Landon: You’ve got to try it!
- Sound Healing with Three Trees – weekly public programs, private sessions too.
- Vedic Astrology Reading with Dennis Harness.
- Sedona Colon Care: Colonics with Judy Hawk.
- Sarah Gallwey, Transformative Life Coach: Discover how four questions can change your relationship to thoughts that cause you stress (certified faciliator of The Work of Byron Katie).
- For a personal, private retreat for a day or a weekend contact Ranjita at Your Heart’s Home in Oak Creek Canyon.
Casual restaurants we recommend in Sedona:
- Creekside (Hwy 179 in Sedona): Great Happy Hour! Delicious food!
- Picazzo’s (89Z in West Sedona): Gluten Free & Organic Salads, Pizza and Pasta
- Chocolatree Organic Eatery (89A in West Sedona): Raw & Vegan & Delicious
- Indian Palace (89A in West Sedona)
- Elote Cafe (Hwy 179 in Sedona): Gourmet Mexican food—no reservations, but worth the wait. Not open on Sunday and Monday. Get in line by 4:45 to eat before 7:30. If you prefer eating later, you can get a table if you just walk in.
- Pisa Lisa (89A in West Sedona): Delicious wood-fired pizza
- Reds (89A in West Sedona): Great happy hour tapas in the Sedona Rouge Hotel
- Dara Thai (179 in the Village of Oak Creek): In the Village, south of Sedona
And fancier restaurants we enjoy:
- Cucina Rustica: In the Village of Oak Creek, south of Sedona
- Mariposa: Sedona’s newest restaurant with great views from their dining room or patio. Worth it!
- Rene’s: in Tlaquepaque pretty pricey though elegant – lunch on the patio, dinner inside.
- Dahl & DiLuca: Italian food in West Sedona, you’ll need reservations—romantic with piano music—everyone loves it!
And Sedona Rouge’s restaurant, Reds, it has a great lounge with live music—good food and wine in West Sedona.
Treat yourself to lunch or dinner at L’Auberge and sit along the creek.
- Sedona Bhakti Tribe – Check their schedule of events
- Sedona Creative Life Center: Check their schedule of events
- The Oak Creek Brewing Company: Local beer and great entertainment—visit the one on Yavapai Road
- Old Town Center for the Arts: in Cottonwood
- Chamber Music Sedona
- Sound Bites Grill: Live music and great food
- Vino di Sedona: Great wine shop, outdoor patio, and great live music
- Peace Place of Sedona: A great shop for healing tools & crystals
- Whole Foods: Nice place for a quick lunch, to-go meals, or juices
- Sedona Farmers Market: Get your locally grown, pesticide-free food and locally made products
- Tlaquepaque: the Mexican Marketplace, a fun place to walk around, adjacent to the Institute
If you are attending a program at the McLean Meditation Institute and want to stay nearby, be sure you choose to stay in the city of Sedona, (not the village of Oak Creek which also calls itself Sedona)
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
1200 W. Hwy 89A (Right next to the Agave Center! There are two BWs in Sedona, so be sure to insist on this one!)
Tel: 800.292.6344 Toll Free; 928.282.3072 Local
This hotel offers van service to local area sites
Baby Quail Inn
50 Willow Way off 89A (walking distance to Agave Center)
771 Hwy 179 (walking distance from McLean Meditation Institute)
Tel: 928-282-7151 Local
Inn on Oak Creek
556 Hwy 179 (walking distance from McLean Meditation Institute)
Tel: 800-499-7896 Toll Free 928-282-7896 Local
El Portal Luxury Haciendas
Portal Ln. (walking distance to McLean Meditation Institute)
Tel: (800) 313-0017
The Sedona Motel
Hwy 179 (walking distance to McLean Meditation Institute)
Sugar Loaf Lodge
1870 W Hwy 89A
Not beautiful but inexpensive…
Website: www.Sedona SugarLoaf.com
20 W. Hwy 89A (longer walking distance to McLean Meditation Institute)
Tel:800-874-2072 Toll Free; 928-282-7010 Local
Hwy 89A, uptown
White House Inn
West Sedona, Hwy 89A
Check this sites for more options: www.sedonacreativelife.com/09travel.html
Other Hotels (*within one mile of the McLean Meditation Institute)
- Poco Diablo Resort*
- Amara Creekside Resort
- L’Auberge de Sedona
- The Rooms Upstairs
- Hyatt Piñon Point*
- Sky Ranch Lodge
- Hampton Inn
- Sedona Rouge
- Enchantment Resort
Bed & Breakfasts (*within one mile of the McLean Meditation Institute)
- The Lodge at Sedona
- The Briar Patch Inn
- Adobe Hacienda: Let them know you are with McLean Meditation and save 10%!
For more information, visit the Sedona Bed & Breakfasts website
If you must fly in, most people fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX). Sedona is a 2-hour drive from Phoenix. Though there’s an airport in Flagstaff 45 minutes away. it offers limited direct service. Most flights to Flagstaff connect through Phoenix anyway, the you have to wait to get on a connecting flight. Therefore. it’s often easier to fly into Phoenix and drive to Sedona, or take a shuttle. There’s no public transportation to Sedona though there are these shuttle services:
Sedona Phoenix Shuttle – From Phoenix Airport to Sedona 928-282-2066 800-448-7988
Ace Express Shuttle Service – From Phoenix Airport to Sedona 800-336-2239
Sedona Resort Transportation (866) 495-2600
Sedona Hotel Shuttle – Phoenix Airport to Sedona (928) 203-9300
Enterprise Rental Car in Sedona (928) 282-2052
You can always rent a car while you are here. And there are taxi services too.