As part of the Meditation Foundation Course you’ll receive:
- A Course Advisor (to find out more about our MTA Course Advisors, click here) assigned to you to serve as your meditation mentor and to support you as you go through the program and navigate your own personal meditation practice.
- A comprehensive 10 Lesson course of study which examines the origins, history, science, and modern-day approaches to meditation and mindfulness practices
- A 120+ page Study Guide with assignments that include reading chapters of texts, watching films and videos, listening to meditations, performing online research, writing briefs, doing personal projects, and sharing your findings
- 9 Books related to the theory and practice of mindfulness and meditation
- A CD with guided meditations and instruction for the beginner
- Access to a Private Teacher Webpage featuring links to reference materials including videos and audios
- 10 Teleconference calls with Sarah McLean and other meditation experts
- Feedback and evaluation on 9 open-book quizzes that determine your comprehension
- A checklist to keep track of assignments
- Access to a private community of teachers-in-training on Facebook
As part of the Teacher Training Intensive you’ll receive:
- 8 days (over 50 hours!) immersed in an intimate retreat setting in Sedona, Arizona or County Cork, Ireland with a course of study which will ensure your ability to professionally deliver meditation and mindfulness training
- Discussions and presentations with Sarah McLean, a meditation expert who has taught thousands of people how to meditate. She is joined by a a wonderful faculty (to read about our MTA Faculty, click here) and graduates of the program who share their personal experience of teaching meditation
- Brain science, physiology, and neuroplasticity classes with Brain Scientist, Joy Nanda
- Gentle yoga practices and pranayama for purification with Vedic expert, Zac Occhiline
- Personal speaking coaching
- Marketing guidance with a marketing professional
- A 120+ page Meditation Teacher binder
- Meditation scripts for guiding various meditations, including meditations to share with kids
- A checklist for setting up your business
- A how-to guide to set up your own public speaking events and find venues to suit your needs
- Sample marketing materials including press releases and marketing copy
- Forms you’ll need to register, confirm, and follow-up with students/clients
- Outlines of various ways to deliver the meditation and mindfulness classes, including group meditation gatherings, and introductory lectures
- Daily meditation practices for expanded awareness
- Community and connection with others on a similar path to awakening
- A group lunch
Once you have completed the program you will receive:
- A certificate of completion that acknowledges your commitment, skill, and ability to teach effective mindfulness and meditation methods.
- A listing on the Find-a-Meditation-Teacher guide on the McLean Meditation Institute’s website.
- Access to an online library of sample proposals, outlines for lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations for use in corporate or academic settings.
- Post-graduate conversations about the successes and challenges of teaching.
- Access to an online community for continued support.
- Continued support with monthly virtual classes and mentoring from experts in meditation and its applications
- Invitations to attend the biennial Meditation Teacher Symposium.
- Invitations to attend future Teacher Training Intensive sessions at no cost to support others in training.
- Discounts on retreats and products.
- Opportunities for paid referral fees.
- Continued certification with no renewal fees.
There are rolling admissions, so as soon as you’ve apply, are accepted, and then enroll in the program, you can get started with the Meditation Foundation Course right away.
Questions? Contact an admissions counselor: 928-204-0067