The McLean Meditation Institute can provide you and your organization a cost-effective, stimulating Workplace Wellness program to support your employees’ health and well-being. The overall goal of our Workplace Wellness program is to help participants learn to:
- Reduce and avoid stress and burnout
- Increase mental concentration, clarity, and awareness
- Enhance creativity, productivity and communication in the workplace
- Expand work/life/family balancing skills
- Improve overall health and well-being
Research shows that the training we provide in our Workplace Wellness Program can lead to:
- Increased creativity and intelligence
- Mental clarity, increased concentration and memory
- Greater emotional stability
- Increased energy and stamina
- Speedier recovery from illness
- More accurate judgment and improved decision-making
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Reduced stress and stress-related illnesses such as heart disease, hypertension, insomnia
- Improved response time, motor skills, and coordination
- Reduced drug, cigarette, and alcohol use
- More positive attitude toward life in general. Improved sense of self
- Reduced health care costs
Regular meditation practices can change the workings of the brain and allow people to achieve more awareness, clarity and concentration as well as reduce stress reactions.And they don’t have to hide away at a monastery or an ashram to gain the benefits either.
A recent Time Magazine article, “How to Get Smarter, One Breath at a Time,” notes that meditation not only reduces stress, but it also reshapes the brain in ways that appear to increase attention span, sharpen focus, and improve memory.
Daily stress-reduction practice has been proven to thicken parts of the cerebral cortex: the area of the brain responsible for decision-making, attention and memory. Research show that stress reduction practices, such as meditation, make employees sharper and more productive.
Based on these findings, large corporations such as Intel, Google, Hughes Aircraft, and Deutsch Bank routinely provide stress-reduction training to their employees. Employers also encourage the practice because it not only increases employee productivity, but also significantly decreases absenteeism, workers’ compensation, and disability claims from stress related illnesses.
Because of the recent extensive research findings, meditation and relaxation exercises are included as the cornerstone of our training along with other strategies for the reduction of stress and enhancement of well-being.
The techniques your workforce will learn require no previous meditation experience, and do not involve special sitting techniques, hours of concentration, or religion. There is nothing complicated or difficult about any of the training or techniques we offer.
Ranging from a 2-hour presentation to an ongoing program for up to 2 months, Workplace Wellness sessions can be conducted on-site at your company’s location or at your annual meeting or convention.
Private, corporate and executive retreats can also be arranged in Sedona, Arizona or in the Phoenix area. We can customize a program to meet your wellness objectives and stay within your budget parameters.
Various corporations and organizations we’ve been invited to present workplace wellness programs for include:
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- The Orme School
- Arizona Bar Association
- Rose Law Firm, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Maricopa Association of Governments
- Arizona Women’s Leadership Forum
- Verde Valley Medical Center
- Proctor & Gamble
- Perry Ellis International
- Solis Women’s Health Care
- Banner Health Care
- Yavapai College
- Young Presidents’ Organizations
- Miraval Resort
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Boomerz – Scottsdale
- Motherhood Redefined
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Some of our events are also fundraisers. We’ll share easy-to-use meditation techniques, mind body health, and self-awareness methods programs throughout Arizona. From one hour to one day, these public events are often used to raise money for worthy causes.